About the Annual Fund
The Annual Fund is the School's yearly campaign to raise funds in support of the daily operating budget. All independent schools are faced with this same need - to make up the difference between costs and tuition. Contributions help to close this gap that exists between tuition and the actual cost of a Horace Mann education. The Annual Fund touches all aspects of the School as it represents approximately 8% of the overall operating budget.
Now more than ever, the Annual Fund is Horace Mann School’s greatest philanthropic need. Our ability to plan and execute a safe reopening is due, in part, to generous support of the Annual Fund. From establishing new health guidelines, making modifications to campus and classrooms, adding additional nursing and cleaning staff, and installing new technology, annual support is instrumental to funding these and other essential expenses. Members of the community helped sustain the school during the immense challenges of last spring. Today, we ask for your continued support.
Annual Fund contributions make a tremendous and immediate impact on all educational programs, and enable the school to respond to urgent and ongoing operational priorities including:
- enhancing the breadth and depth of the academic and co-curricular programming that have always been hallmarks of a Horace Mann School education
- attracting and retaining the most talented faculty and staff as well as continuing to secure salaries and benefits for all
- providing financial aid for a socioeconomically diverse community of students, plus new and increased financial aid requests and the necessary technology for students in need
- outfitting our four campuses with greater safety and health resources for in-person learning
- affirming our commitment to school-wide programs in the areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion
Through the Annual Fund, programs are strengthened and faculty and staff are provided with the tools necessary for students to learn at the highest level both inside and outside of the classrooms. Financial aid is enhanced and more solidly embedded as a core strategic element of our commitment to academic excellence, opportunity creation and leadership development.
It is our hope and expectation that all members of our community will share this responsibility and choose to support Horace Mann School at whatever level they are comfortable.
To make a donation to the Annual Fund, click here