Summer School 2020 is CLOSED DUE TO COVID-19
- Six-Week Courses begin on Monday, June 22 for Chemistry and Physics and run through Friday, July 31.
- Session I for our Three-Week Courses also begin on the 22nd and run through Friday, July 10.
- Our One-Week Courses run from Monday, June 22 - Friday, June 26.
- All Five-Week Courses begin Monday, June 29 and run through Friday, July 31.
- Session II of our Three-Week Courses begins Monday, July 13 and runs through Friday, July 31.
- School will be closed in observance of Independence Day, Friday, July 3rd.
- The academic school day begins at 8:45 a.m. and ends at 2:00 p.m. A lunch period (11:00 a.m.-11:45 a.m.) separates the day into morning and afternoon periods.
For a listing of courses visit the Academic Programs section.
|8:30 am||Buses arrive|
|8:45-9:30 am||1st period|
|9:30-10:15 am||2nd period|
|10:15-11:00 am||3rd period|
|11:45-12:30 pm||4th period|
|12:30-1:15 pm||5th period|
|1:15-2:00 pm||6th period|
|2:15 pm||Buses depart|
In addition to the 2:15 bus there is also a "late" bus that leaves campus at 4:00 pm. This bus is especially recommended for students in Chemistry and Physics who will find the extra time spent with instructors and teaching assistants helpful in achieving success in these courses.
For information about getting to Horace Mann please see our Campus Map for Directions to Campus.
Summer School Rules and Requirements
A current medical form will be required for each student enrolled in a summer program. Please see the Applications and Forms page for this document.
Horace Mann Summer School is an intensive, accelerated program that requires diligent, focused and consistent effort from students. Absence and lateness is to be avoided at all costs and will not be tolerated. No credit will be granted to a student who is absent for more than two days for Six-Week Courses and more than one day for Five-Week Courses. Because of the brevity of the Three-Week and One-Week Courses, no absences are allowed unless accompanied by a doctor's note.
Students are not permitted to leave the campus for any reason while attending the program. If a student leaves campus without permission, he/she will be subject to dismissal. Furthermore, Horace Mann will absolve itself of any responsibility for the child's safety while off campus. No student may be present on campus prior to 8:00 a.m. or after 2:30 p.m., unless accompanied by a teacher and involved in class work. Smoking is prohibited on our campus at any time.
Students are expected to behave in a mature and responsible manner at all times, respecting each other's desire to learn, play and develop to her or his fullest potential. The program director may at any time require a student to leave the program if his or her conduct is not appropriate or detracts from the goals of the program. A student who is dismissed under such circumstances is not eligible for a tuition refund.